“I don’t take myself too serious and embrace failing fast however, I do take my work and execution very serious.”
Hi there, nice to meet ya!
I am a dynamic and driven Experience Design leader. I have a proven record for shaping strategic vision, delivering cross-functional projects and building relationships. I care about process, collaboration, customer loyalty and business aspirations. I like to lead by example. Encouraging inspirational design, bold goal setting and coaching career growth are priorities for me.
- Key member of design team responsible for 70 product web experiences represented in 40 countries (23 languages) including 750 search-optimized landing pages, contributing to $252 million in ecommerce billing for FY19.
- Leader of a high functioning design team accountable for creating and maintaining scalable patterns, templates and best practice guidance for global web production. Results include operational gains of 2x improvement in web production velocity and 76% or projects routed to scalable services.
- Acting Manager of a 4 person team of User Experience Designers providing them bandwidth management, historical business context and career mentorship.
- Strategized a global ecommerce promotions design system that reduced time to market, improved consistency and operational efficiency.
- Created centralized product compare gateway hubs responsible for 4,000+ monthly direct sales and 800,000+ unique visitors in Q4 FY19.
- Built a trial download functionality which reduced friction, enabling customers to get free software anywhere in the company website.
- Established long-term and trusting relationships with important teams including: Testing/Optimization, Search Engine Optimization, Paid Media, Content Strategy, Visual Design, Product Management, Engineering and Web Publishing.
- Converted 75% of a global marketing web experience to mobile responsive in 2 years.
- Lead Principal User Experience Designer, Autodesk, San Francisco, 2011-Present
- Web Designer/ UI Designer/ UX Designer, Best Buy, Minneapolis, 2011
- Web & Media Specialist, University of St. Thomas, Saint Paul, 2008-2011
- Graphic Designer/ 2D Animator, LoudClick.net, Saint Paul, 2008
- Video Producer, Marketing By Video, Minneapolis, 2003-2008
- Post Baccalaureate in Interactive Media, Minneapolis College of Art & Design, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 2002